With a combined total of over 150,000 users, Kajabi and ClickFunnels are among the most popular internet marketing platforms on the internet.
While they boast of impressive marketing capabilities, they have slightly different target users and purposes.
For example, Kajabi is more inclined towards course creation and can be seen as the online course industry’s juggernaut. Both Kajabi and ClickFunnels allow you to run a membership site and host courses, but this is Kajabi’s forte.
ClickFunnels, on the other hand, is focused on sales funnel building for entrepreneurs marketing digital and physical products.
In this Kajabi vs ClickFunnels comparison, we’ll explore the features both platforms have, their strengths, their weaknesses, and everything in-between. Let’s dive into it!
Table of Contents
- The Roles Kajabi and ClickFunnels Play in Digital Marketing
- Kajabi vs ClickFunnels Feature Comparison
- Course Creation
- Marketing Automation
- Email Marketing
- Payment Gateways
- Ease of Use
- Customer Support
- Affiliate Management
- Key ClickFunnels vs Kajabi Differences
- Kajabi vs ClickFunnels Pricing
- Our Final Verdict Conclusion
- Kajabi vs ClickFunnels Deals
The Roles Kajabi and ClickFunnels Play in Digital Marketing
Kajabi and ClickFunnels are both widely used services among digital marketers around the world.
Launched in 2010, Kajabi has, over the years, evolved into a reliable digital marketing and course content delivery platform with over 50,000 users.
The platform serves content creators selling online courses, ebooks, coaching services, and memberships and has helped these entrepreneurs generate over $1.5 billion in sales.
ClickFunnels hit the spotlight in 2014 to help marketers build sales funnels and websites for digital & physical products. Currently, the platform has recorded over 90,000 users, aptly called “Funnel Hackers.” Also, over $2.6 billion have been processed on the platform.
As you can see, ClickFunnels has a broader user base because it covers both physical and digital products as opposed to Kajabi, which focuses more on content creators. With that said, both are easy to use and you do not have to be tech-savvy to have success with either.
With this basic idea out of the way, let’s get into the meat of this comparison so you can better make a well-informed decision.
Kajabi vs ClickFunnels Feature Comparison
Let’s proceed by comparing the main features of both platforms.
Kajabi is an all-in-one platform that comes packed with impressive design flexibility, allowing you to create stunning landing pages for your online business.
It also has strong email capabilities and seamlessly integrates with third-party apps to help you get the most out of the platform.
Here are a few feature highlights:
- Total flexibility with every page element.
- Over 100 design templates for landing page (i.e. sales pages, opt-in pages, etc.) building and front-end website design.
- Create awesome sales funnels or use their blueprint libray for pre-built sales funnels
- No coding knowledge required.
- Efficient course builder.
- Hosts videos on Wistia by default.
- Host webinars in Kajabi
- Analytics tools.
- Free Custom or subdomain.
- SEO-optimized page capabilities.
- Marketing automation.
- Built-in affiliate management.
- Amazing course creation and marketing features.
Also an all-in-one platform, ClickFunnels is a top sales funnel-building platform and comes with loads of tools that let you create beautiful, high-converting pages to effectively capture leads and nurture them into customers.
Let’s take a look at a few of its features:
- It comes with a drag-and-drop visual editor that lets you customize your funnel and pages easily (ClickFunnels bread & butter is building sales funnels).
- No coding knowledge required.
- Over 100 templates available.
- Split-testing capabilities to know which funnel is performing better.
- Free custom domain.
- Email autoresponder and unlimited marketing emails.
- Affiliate management software.
- Sell digital and physical products, including memberships and courses.
Creating online courses remains one of the most popular means of generating income online. ClickFunnels and Kajabi are capable of helping you create and host online courses.
That said, Kajabi has its strengths in this area as its main targets are course creators. Along with an efficient course builder, Kajabi comes with an easy-to-use page builder that allows you to build landing pages, including building a sales page and checkout page, for your online courses.
It also provides an intuitive system that lets you manage your school and interact with your students effectively.
ClickFunnels can be used to create and host online courses as well. However, it doesn’t put as much effort into this area. For instance, they do not have quizzes, assignments, or community features as Kajabi does.
Not to mention Kajabi hosts your videos by default with the Wistia video player just for being a customer.
With a ClickFunnels account, you do not get video hosting, unfortunately. Clickfunnels would have you use YouTube to embed videos or pay for a monthly/yearly subscription to Vimeo or Wistia to privately host your video content.
Clickfunnels doesn’t offer these course “extras” because its priority is sales funnel creation and not content delivery.
Kajabi is a better platform for online course creation, by far.
Many online course creators choose Kajabi because of its superior content creation and content delivery tools. It is easy to use, intuitive, and fast. Kajabi was designed with online course creators in mind.
Creating and selling courses on ClickFunnels provides an average course experience because the platform chooses to focus more on sales funnels building. Thus, course experience and engagement are not exactly their wheelhouse.
Marketing automation is quite handy because it eliminates hours of manual actions and monitoring, helping you focus on what matters: sales.
Kajabi and ClickFunnels offer impressive sales funnel automation functionalities by providing pre-built sales funnel templates you can choose for various purposes along with easy-to-grasp analytics tools to help you measure performances.
Kajabi offers marketing automation designed to convert web traffic into course members and has the capabilities to nurture your customers into buying any other offers your business may have in its sales process.
Here are a few simple automation examples Kajabi offers:
- Sends automatic email to your new course member when they invest in your course.
- Tagging where the lead originated from.
- Automatic emails based on time-sensitive dates or completion history.
Automations in Kajabi are handled through Kajabi’s Pipeline feature, which is an automation tool that provides pre-built funnel blueprints based on business goals.
For instance, if you want to create a funnel for lead generation, to launch a new product, or for a drip-email campaign, there’s a pipeline (automation) for that.
ClickFunnels offers good marketing automation, such as tagging buyers, triggering emails when specific actions are taken, etc., but doesn’t provide automation for course member engagement.
This round is a tie. Both Kajabi and ClickFunnels have premade marketing automation for any stage of your business.
ClickFunnels and Kajabi are tied when it comes to standard automation, such as marketing emails post-transaction. Kajabi wins when you need automation based on how your course members’ activity level and the like.
Email marketing is a crucial part of online marketing, so it makes sense platforms like Kajabi and ClicksFunnels provide their built-in tools for sending marketing emails.
ClickFunnels has an email marketing tool known as ClickFunnels Actionetics (aka. Follow-Up Funnels), which segments your email list according to gender, location, age, engagement, and purchases.
This information can be used to customize email marketing funnels. But, to take advantage of ClickFunnels’ email automation solution, you’d have to be on its $297 monthly subscription.
Kajabi, on the other hand, offers its email marketing functionality at its lowest subscription plan.
With Kajabi’s email marketing tool, you can tag and segment users and send out autoresponder campaigns based on user actions with beautifully designed email templates.
Kajabi wins this bout because it provides you with the email marketing tools you need to offer your target audience a personalized journey at a considerably lower price.
ClickFunnels and Kajabi come with robust analytics systems that give you detailed insights into your business’s performance and customers’ behaviors.
With Kajabi, you get information such as affiliates progress, churn rate, page views, members’ progress, average revenue per user, etc.
ClickFunnels provide insights into Google Analytics metrics, tracking pixels, UTM parameters, native statistics all on one dashboard. Metrics include conversion rates, traffic sources, referrals, interests and behaviors, email stats, every page element’s performance, and more.
ClickFunnels is the winner because it gives you detailed information on which traffic source performs best, maximizes retargeting campaigns, and helps you create a personalized customer experience.
Kajabi’s analytics is superb as well – especially for course analytics. But ClickFunnels provides more detailed insights to help you gauge overall digital marketing performance.
Kajabi and ClickFunnels have integrations with several third-party platforms to help you achieve better results on the platforms.
Kajabi integrates natively with ten third-party apps, while ClickFunnels integrates with a long list of apps, including SalesForce, Warrior Plus, HubSpot, and even Kajabi.
Both platforms also integrate with Zapier, an app that allows you to connect thousands of apps to your respective accounts.
ClickFunnels trumps Kajabi on this owing to the sheer number of native integrations it has.
Both ClickFunnels and Kajabi partner with popular payment gateways such as PayPal and Stripe to help users process their payments.
Kajabi allows users to process payments using Stripe and PayPal with their checkout pages. These gateways can be used without restrictions.
ClickFunnels, on its part, partners with Stripe, Paypal, Infusionsoft, and more. Having all these payment gateways partner with ClickFunnels means that you get more flexibility with your payment processing.
However, you can’t create one-time offers, or one-click upsells with PayPal while using ClickFunnels.
ClickFunnels beats Kajabi on this one. Having several payment gateways gives you more flexibility, so you can always choose what works best for you.
Ease of Use
Both platforms’ selling point is that they allow just about anyone to build landing pages, sales funnels, and even run an entire online business without any technical knowledge.
ClickFunnels has evolved into a master of sales funnels, providing an efficient sales funnel builder that anyone can use.
Kajabi, well-known as a top content delivery system, provides an intuitive page editor that allows anyone to build a beautiful and conversion-friendly landing page with no coding knowledge.
For this round of our Kajabi vs ClickFunnels comparison, it’s a tie. In general, both platforms are super-easy to use. Each has a smooth drag-and-drop editor for all kinds of landing pages to help market your products and services.
Both platforms provide a rich knowledge base to help customers learn more about the service and find solutions to problems.
For customers who require direct assistance, Kajabi provides 24/7 customer support via live chat.
ClickFunnels, on the contrary, offers a support ticket system, and customer service agents are available from Monday to Friday, 9 AM to 5 PM Eastern Time (EST).
For this round of our Kajabi vs ClickFunnels comparison, Kajabi is the clear winner because they make customer service readily available for their users at any time of the day.
Running an affiliate program for your online business is a great way to generate more sales with less marketing. Fortunately, both platforms allow you to do this.
You can use Kajabi to host referral programs for your courses. Kajabi allows you to add your affiliates, provide them with separate dashboards, and even track sales and commissions. However, affiliate marketing functionality is only available for courses.
ClickFunnels’ “Backpack” provides affiliate programs for all types of products in your CF account.
For this bout, ClickFunnels is the winner because it allows you to run affiliate programs for both physical and digital products (including courses & membership sites). Kajabi allows you to run affiliate programs just for your courses.
Key ClickFunnels vs Kajabi Differences
Having seen how both platforms stack up against each other, let’s look at their key differences and what makes them stand out.
ClickFunnels Does This Well
- ClickFunnels allows users to sell both digital & physical products.
- Provides granular analytics to help users improve their marketing.
- Has a robust sales funnel builder that helps users create high-converting sales funnels.
- Offers a fully-fledged affiliate marketing system for both physical and digital products.
- Provides tons of sales funnel templates for your products.
Kajabi Does This Well
- Provides efficient drag-and-drop page builder for building stunning websites.
- Works excellent for hosting and selling courses (see a demo here).
- Helps you run membership sites.
- If you’re a blogger, Kajabi lets you run your blog alongside your website.
- Provides pre-built landing page templates for your products and membership sites.
- Excellent knowledge base and 24/7 available customer support.
Kajabi vs ClickFunnels Pricing
Kajabi and ClickFunnels offer three-tiered pricing plans along with a 14-day free trial. There are no free plans available on either platform.
- Basic Plan – Priced at $119 per month. Supports 3 products, 3 pipelines (sales funnels), unlimited landing pages and emails, and 1,000 active members.
- Growth Plan – Priced at $159 per month. Supports 15 products and pipelines. Allows 10 admins and 10,000 active members.
- Pro Plan – Priced at $319 per month. Supports up to 100 products and pipelines. Allows 3 websites, 25 admin users, and 20,000 active members.
Note: All plans get access to Kajabi University in case you need guidance in course creation, selling and marketing courses/products, and mastering their tools.
We’ve created a more in-depth Kajabi pricing guide that breaks down each plan if you need more info. For extended Kajabi trials, read this article.
- Basic Plan – Priced at $97 per month. Offers 20 sales funnels, 3 domains, 100 pages, and 3 payment portals.
- Platinum Plan – Priced at $297 per month. Offers unlimited landing pages and sales funnels, as well as 9 payment portalsand domains, plus Follow-Up Funnels and Backpack.
- Two Comma Club X – Priced at $2,497 per month. Supports 27 payment portals and domains, with unlimited funnels, Follow-Up Funnels, Backpack, and VIP phone support.
Our Final Verdict Conclusion
Everything boils down to a straightforward question: which platform is best suited for you?
The truth is, ClickFunnels and Kajabi are exceptional at what they do. But they’re also unique in their own way and cater to different target users. So…
Choose Kajabi If:
- You’re focused on selling digital products such as courses and ebooks (Kajabi focuses on making this the best experience for their customers).
- You need to offer a membership site where you provide premium, gated content to members with member engagement features.
- You want to offer a built-in forum community.
- You need an all-in-one tool capable of also building your business a fantastic looking website..
- You need a robust email marketing solution.
Choose ClickFunnels If:
- You need a platform that helps you sell both physical and digital products.
- Your business needs to focus on selling and digital marketing as opposed to content delivery.
- You want to have access to the best funnel building marketing tools in the industry.
- You want a platform that integrates natively to a wide range of third-party apps and integrations for customer purchases.
Throughout this comparison, you’ve seen that ClickFunnels and Kajabi are designed to suit different sets of digital entrepreneurs.
What you choose is all dependent on what sort of online business you’re into and what your goals are.
Both ClickFunnels and Kajabi offer a 14-day free trial to test their capabilities before drawing your final verdict. Good luck with increasing your online presence and success!
Kajabi vs ClickFunnels Deals
If you’re reading this section, I presume you’ve read our Kajabi vs ClickFunnels comparison of both the platforms and are very close to a decision.
Before you sign up, here are deals the two platforms offer:
- Kajabi Deal: 30-Day Extended Free Trial
- ClickFunnels Deal: 14-Day Trial with Exclusive Russell Brunon Bonuses (online training + trial).
Whichever platform you choose, you can’t go wrong. Ultimately you’ll discover which one is better for your online businesses.
As a final reminder, for online entrepreneurs looking to sell online courses, sell digital products, and/or create membership sites, the Kajabi platform is your tool of choice.
If you want the basics of what Kajabi offers and want a better platform to sell physical products on, create awesome funnels, and pay less than the Kajabi cost, ClickFunnels is your tool of choice.
Lastly, if you didn’t know, both platforms integrate well with each other. In fact, some people use both platforms in their “tech stack.”
With that said, over to you.
- Kajabi Vs WordPress
- Kajabi Vs GrooveFunnels
- Kajabi Vs DropFunnels
- Kajabi Vs Squarespace
- Kajabi Vs Wix
- Kajabi Vs Karta
- Kajabi Vs Podia
- Kajabi Vs Teachable
- Kajabi Vs Thinkific
- Kajabi Vs Keap
- Kajabi Vs LearnDash
- Kajabi Vs SamCart
- Kajabi Vs ConvertKit
- Kajabi Vs LeadPages
- Kajabi Vs Shopify
- Kajabi Vs Udemy
- Kajabi Vs ActiveCampaign
- Kajabi Vs Builderall
- Kajabi Vs ThriveCart
- Kajabi Vs Systeme.io
- ClickFunnels Vs Kartra
- ClickFunnels Vs Websites
- ClickFunnels Vs Builderall
- ClickFunnels Vs Unbounce
- ClickFunnels Vs SamCart
- ClickFunnels Vs Leadpages
- ClickFunnels Vs Instapage
- ClickFunnels Vs HighLevel