Kajabi and ActiveCampaign are some of the most popular marketing platforms today. Both offer outstanding features that are helpful for online business owners like you.
Whether you’re thinking of switching from ActiveCampaign to Kajabi or vice versa, this Kajabi vs ActiveCampaign comparison article can help you decide.
I’ll show you each platform’s charm and which can better cater to your online needs.
Table of Contents
- What is Kajabi?
- Who Should Use Kajabi?
- What is ActiveCampaign?
- Who Should Use Active Campaign?
- ActiveCampaign vs Kajabi – Comparison At A Glance
- Kajabi vs ActiveCampaign – Key Features
- ActiveCampaign vs Kajabi – Pricing Information
- Kajabi Pros and Cons
- ActiveCampaign Pros and Cons
- Kajabi vs ActiveCampaign – Who Won the Comparison Test?
What is Kajabi?
Kajabi is a one-stop business platform that helps you build, promote, and sell online courses, membership sites, and other digital products.
It’s a user-friendly app. You don’t have to know any programming to use this tool.
With its drag-and-drop and one-click edit feature, you can create online courses, landing pages, emails, and sales funnels in no time.
Who Should Use Kajabi?
This platform is suitable for anyone interested in earning money from their skills and expertise.
It’s also for people who desire to educate individuals across the globe through online courses. And are looking for software with excellent customer support and resources.
Whether you’re an artist, a course creator, a coach, or an online business owner, you can definitely profit from it.
Check out our in-depth review of Kajabi here.
What is ActiveCampaign?
ActiveCampaign is a well-known customer relationship management (CRM) and marketing software.
Its comprehensive sales and marketing automation tools can help increase engagement and build better relationships with your customers and prospects.
ActiveCampaign offers many excellent features that distinguish it from other email marketing services.
That includes free migration, better email deliverability, and more advanced CRM and sales tools.
Who Should Use Active Campaign?
ActiveCampaign is for those who want to create powerful marketing campaigns for their online business.
This cloud-based software serves anyone in B2B, B2C, and eCommerce. And regardless of your industry, you can benefit from this platform’s marketing and engagement features.
ActiveCampaign vs Kajabi – Comparison At A Glance
You might have noticed that these tools are quite different from each other. Although their target market is the same, their primary purpose isn’t.
Kajabi focuses on the online course creation and selling side. While ActiveCampaign is more on sales and marketing automation.
However, these two platforms have similarities somehow.
Let’s talk about those and some additional factors that make one a better choice than the other.
Kajabi vs ActiveCampaign – Key Features
Online Courses and Digital Products Creation
Kajabi is at an advantage in this aspect.
It’s one of the best online course platforms out there. And that’s because of its user-friendliness.
Kajabi provides all the necessary tools to make the course creation process easy and effortless for your business.
It has a responsive drag-and-drop editor that helps you build and structure your online courses.
The platform also has blueprints that serve as your guide. You’ll know the best practices when adding content to your courses and the next step.
You can offer the above with your main products or sell them separately.
Unfortunately, this feature isn’t available on ActiveCampaign.
The cornerstone of this platform is marketing automation. Meaning to say, it doesn’t have any room for creating and selling online courses.
You’ll need to connect it with Kajabi or other apps if you want to earn from digital products.
WINNER: Kajabi. It has everything you need to build a knowledge-based online business.
Kajabi vs. ActiveCampaign: Templates and Customizations
Both platforms offer customization and templates for landing pages and email campaigns. You have the freedom to edit those and make them more suitable for your brand and audience.
Moreover, ActiveCampaign and Kajabi provide templates for various purposes.
As for the landing pages, for example, you can build sales, thank you, opt-in and more kinds of pages. This also applies to your email marketing campaigns.
However, Kajabi has some advantages against ActiveCampaign.
Because Kajabi is more complete and unified, you have more options in designing and personalizing things inside the platform.
Second, Kajabi lets you upload your own themes and buy from third-party creators. So if you want a better design for your landing pages, you can grab one outside the platform.
WINNER: Tie. Both software offers customizable and well-designed templates for landing pages and email campaigns. They also provide a drag-and-drop editor, which is a handy tool for users.
Although Kajabi has quite the advantage, it’s because it offers other tools that aren’t present in the ActiveCampaign.
ActiveCampaign vs Kajabi – Marketing Features
Now, this is where things get exciting.
Kajabi and ActiveCampaign have the essential email marketing tools your business can use.
They are also both compliant with the CAN-SPAM Act, so there’s only a tiny possibility that your emails will end up in the spam folder.
You can create auto-responders, multiple email marketing campaigns, and email broadcasts with both platforms.
If that’s what you only need, you can’t go wrong with any of these two.
However, if you want more email marketing features that can help you improve your strategies in the future, ActiveCampaign has more to offer.
Here are some powerful tools that this platform has:
- A/B Split Testing. Allows you to test two different versions of your emails to see which one converts better. It is a great way to know what’s working and what isn’t.
- Dynamic Content. Send one email that changes content depending on who the receiver is. This lets you offer a more customized experience to your subscribers.
- Spam Checker. ActiveCampaign will rate your email content and show the spamminess level of each. So you can edit them and avoid issues with your email deliverability.
- Lead Scoring. This feature lets you distinguish high-quality leads from your contact list. This helps you double your marketing efforts to the right people.
Kajabi Email Features
Although ActiveCampaign has better email marketing features, Kajabi offers other tools that it doesn’t have:
- Built-in Marketing Funnels. Kajabi has pre-made pipelines that streamline your customer’s journey and increase your sales and conversion rate. They contain a series of landing pages and email campaigns.
- Event Creation and Tracking Tool. You can directly create an event inside your Kajabi account. No need to use third-party apps like Eventbrite. In addition, you can track all your registrants easily on the same platform.
Winner: Active Campaign. When it comes to email tools, ActiveCampaign has more solid features. But Kajabi isn’t far behind as it provides other helpful marketing features.
ActiveCampaign vs Kajabi – Sales Features
Kajabi is equipped with built-in coupons and one-click upsells and downsells. You can use them to increase your online course sales by offering irresistible deals to your audience.
But for ActiveCampaign, you’ll need third-party apps like Coupon Carrier for discounts and OneClickUpsell for the upselling features. They’re not free, and you must pay a monthly subscription.
Moreover, higher plans on Kajabi offer an affiliate marketing program. You can use this to reach more prospects through your existing customers.
Winner: Kajabi. It provides coupons, upsells, downsells, and affiliate marketing features at no extra cost.
CRM and Analytics
The CRM and Analytics feature lets you track your customers and how they interact with your business.
They also show clear visuals of your sales and what’s your current status as a business. They are crucial for optimizing and improving your marketing efforts.
Kajabi and ActiveCampaign offer these two vital features. Both tools can track your revenue, customer behavior, email campaign status, and views on your landing pages.
However, ActiveCampaign is more advanced, especially with CRM features.
Although I can’t mention everything, here are some of the best CRM features of Active Campaign:
- Win probability. This tool allows you to determine who among your leads has the greater chance of becoming a customer.
- Contact scoring. Active Campaign also lets you manually score your contacts’ behavior inside the deal dashboard. So, you can closely monitor whether your prospects are turning into high-quality leads.
Winner: ActiveCampaign. It provides tools for you to improve sales and customer relationships.
Sales Automation & Integrations
Automation and integrations are also available on both platforms. But like the above, Active Campaign offers more options for its audience.
Kajabi only allows controlled automation, so you can’t really customize them.
Even with the advanced automation for the Growth and Pro Plan, it’s still quite limited. Especially for experienced marketers and more advanced users.
Meanwhile, ActiveCampaign provides more complex automation. You can build a unique workflow for your online business.
One of my favorite features is that you can create an automation that’s based on time and goal.
For example, if there’s a special offer you’d like to provide to August celebrants, you can simply set up the automation inside ActiveCampaign.
Besides that, you can also automate marketing sequences even with SMS. With this, you can send reminders, accept new subscribers via message, and send event reminders.
Although everything is online now, there are still people who appreciate this kind of marketing. And this is especially perfect for people with online or physical stores.
Regarding integrations, there’s a massive gap in how much software you can connect with Kajabi and Active Campaign.
Winner: ActiveCampaign. You get more freedom with automation. ActiveCampaign can also be connected to more than 800+ third-party apps. Kajabi, on the other hand, only allows a few integrations.
ActiveCampaign vs Kajabi – Pricing Information
This will definitely shock you.
At first glance, ActiveCampaign is the winner because its most affordable plan is only $15/month when paid monthly or $9/month annually.
ActiveCampaign pricing is perfect for beginners and those that aren’t running a vast contact base and are okay with basic features.
Kajabi pricing, on the other hand, starts at $149/month or $119/month for annual billing.
There’s a huge difference between their cheapest plans.
But here’s the thing.
If you want to get the closest features on Kajabi’s introductory plan in Active Campaign, you need to get the Plus plan.
It includes landing page templates, automation, CRM features, and onboarding training.
Plus plan is the most popular,r and it starts at $187/month for 500 contacts. However, the Basic plan of Kajabi accommodates 10,000 contacts.
If you want to get the same on ActiveCampaign, you’ll need to pay $424/month.
Take note that this platform only provides CRM, sales, and marketing features. The website builder, online course creation tools, and even affiliate marketing aren’t available.
You’ll need to pay for other platforms, and that can cost you $$$$.
On the other hand, the highest plan of Kajabi is only $399/month, and you can have everything you need for your business.
Winner: Tie. ActiveCampaign offers more affordable options for its new users. But Kajabi pricing is much better for companies who want to save money in the long run.
Kajabi Pros and Cons
- All-in-one platform
- Intuitive drag-and-drop editor
- Create and sell online courses and other digital products
- Beginner-friendly interface
- Fantastic customer support and training materials
- Free beautifully designed templates and themes
- 14-day free trial
- Built-in blueprints and sales funnels
- It has assessment and quiz features you can use for your students and website visitors.
- Built-in affiliate management program, upsells, and discount coupons
- Prices are expensive, especially for newbies
- Limited automation and integrations
- No SMS marketing tools
- The basic plan doesn’t offer 24/7 live chat customer support
ActiveCampaign Pros and Cons
- More pricing options and affordable plans
- 14-day free trial
- Advanced email marketing, CRM, and automation features
- Good email and landing page templates
- Better integrations
- A/B split testing for emails
- Excellent customer support for the higher plans
- You can’t create online courses and digital services
- No website builder and affiliate marketing program
- The basic plan doesn’t include onboarding training
- Limited built-in sales features (one-click upsells, coupon creator, and checkout pages aren’t available)
- It has a steeper learning curve than Kajabi
- No 30-day money-back guarantee
- Like Kajabi, the cheapest plan doesn’t offer 24/7 live chat customer support.
Kajabi vs ActiveCampaign – Who Won the Comparison Test?
So which will you use for your business online? Is it Kajabi or ActiveCampaign?
Although they are not in direct competition as they cater to different needs, one platform can serve you better than the other.
Based on the info above, I can say that Kajabi wins in more factors than ActiveCampaign.
It doesn’t have the most comprehensive marketing and sales automation, but it has all the crucial tools to grow your business.
That includes the website builder, sales funnel blueprints, analytics, and tools for online courses.
However, you still need to decide based on your needs.
Choose Kajabi Over ActiveCampaign If:
If you’re looking for an all-in-one platform and planning to create online courses. Kajabi will save you from spending time and effort on numerous software.
Choose ActiveCampaign Over Kajabi If:
If your main focus is on tracking your audience and creating the best marketing automation for your business. ActiveCampaign has all the necessary things you need. They also have a 14-day trial.
- Kajabi and Hubspot Comparison
- Kajabi and Udemy Comparison
- Kajabi and Shopify Comparison
- Kajabi and ConvertKit Comparison
- Kajabi and LearnDash Comparison
- Kajabi and Keap Comparison
- Kajabi and Wix Comparison
- Kajabi and Squarespace Comparison
- Kajabi and WordPress Comparison
- Kajabi and Kartra Comparison
- Kajabi and ClickFunnels Comparison
- Kajabi and Thinkific Comparison
- Kajabi and Teachable Comparison
- Kajabi and DropFunnels Comparison
- Kajabi and LifterLMS Comparison
- Kajabi and Ruzuku Comparison
- Kajabi and ThriveCart Comparison
- Kajabi and Ontraport Comparison
- Kajabi and LeadPages Comparison
- Kajabi and GrooveFunnels Comparison
- Kajabi and SamCart Comparison
- Kajabi and Podia Comparison
- Kajabi and Mailchimp Comparison
- ActiveCampaign and GetResponse Comparison
- ActiveCampaign and HighLevel Comparison
- ActiveCampaign and ConvertKit Comparison