Builderall vs Clickfunnels – which is the better sales funnel software for internet marketing growth?
I thought about replacing Clickfunnels with Builderall, a sales funnel platform founded by Erick Salgado.
I considered the switching because it was more affordable, and they were claiming to be a better platform to create sales funnels and landing pages.
After giving Builderall a fair shot, I came to some conclusions that I’ll share with you today.
In this article, you’ll:
- Discover the key differences between both sales funnel software.
- Know definitively which software is easier to use.
- Get examples of funnels, templates, web pages, and the other many features these two offer.
- Understand the pros and cons of both marketing tools.
- Ultimately know which software is better to build your online business with.
Table of Contents
- ClickFunnels vs Builderall Overview – Which Is Best for Your Business?
- Features Comparison Table
- Builderall vs Clickfunnels: Ease of Use Comparison
- Builderall vs ClickFunnels Templates
- Builderall vs ClickFunnels for Email Marketing
- Builderall vs Clickfunnels Pricing Comparison
- Which Is Best for Affiliate Marketing?
- Builderall & ClickFunnels Pros and Cons
- Builderall or Clickfunnels – Who Wins?
- The Builderall vs ClickFunnels Bottom Line
ClickFunnels vs Builderall Overview – Which Is Best for Your Business?
ClickFunnels has been around for years and is known for doing it’s one thing very well: creating online sales funnels. Builderall is a newcomer to the sales funnel software market and, like most other competitors, tries to beat Russell Brunson’s software at what they do while offering more bells & whistles.
We’ll get into these key differences, but here are facts if you need a quick ClickFunnels vs Builderall breakdown.
- ClickFunnels Cost — $97, $297, or $2,497 per month.
- Builderall Cost — $29.90, 69.90, or $99.90 per month (their prices tend to fluctuate yearly).
- ClickFunnels Features — The starting plan starts at $97/mo and offers 20 funnels, 100 pages, 1 sub-user, 3 payment gateways, 3 brandable custom domains, and chat support. Their Platinum plan, $297/month, removes restrictions and includes email marketing & affiliate management software.
- Builderall Features — Offers most of what CF offers, plus a lot more. They have an extensive list of features that are included in each plan. More info here.
TL;DR Which Is Better?
Pricing is a significant decision factor between these two sales funnel software, but if the cost wasn’t an issue, ClickFunnels comes out on top every time.
Their software is superior because it’s simple to use, robust, and allows for easy page & sales funnel logistics organization (all with drag & drop control).
On the other hand, Builderall is trying to be the next ClickFunnels while adding every other tool/feature underneath the sun in their pricing plans. In other words, they try to be everything to everybody, and it causes their platform to fall short in the sales funnel ease of use competition.
If pricing isn’t an issue, go with ClickFunnels. However, if you’re on a budget Builderall is capable.
For more details on this comparison… keep reading.
Features Comparison Table
Let’s start this comparison by looking at what both digital marketing tools offer.
Builderall (Business Plan)
Clickfunnels (Start Up Plan)
$49.90 / month
$97 / month
7 Day Trial
Drag-&-Drop Funnel Builder
A/B Split Testing
No, only with $297/m plan
Standard Payment Gateways
Builderall vs Clickfunnels: Ease of Use Comparison
The ease of use of any software is an essential factor to consider for technical and non-techy people. However, even for tech-savvy people, ease of use can be crucial.
Having to jump through hoops to get your optin page just the way you want can be a drag for a beginner or veteran digital marketer.
That’s why we’re going to compare the ease of use in this round when it comes to creating funnels with these two software.
To create a funnel, a SaaS marketing tool must offer a page builder. It should be as user-friendly as possible to create little to no friction for the end-user.
Builderall’s 3+ Page Builders
I’ve used multiple drag-and-drop website editors to create sales funnels, but honestly, creating lead capture funnels was a challenge with Builderall.
Here’s why: BA has 3+ website builders!
- Drag and Drop Responsive
- Drag and Drop Pixel Perfect
- Mobile First
- Cheetah (New)
- App Creator
Which drag-and-drop editor should is best? I started with the Drag n Drop Responsive Builder, thinking it shouldn’t be a big deal (it sounded safe enough). That is until it came to making my optin funnel mobile-friendly.
After some research, I found that the simplest to use was the Drag and Drop Pixel Perfect page builder.
Here’s a video I recorded a while back after I discovered how to properly.
I had to watch a few tutorial videos and open a support ticket to learn how to align content blocks vertically. Creating lead funnels shouldn’t be this complicated (sigh).
Why Builderall didn’t just stick with one-page builder is beyond me.
Clickfunnel’s Single Page Builder
The Clickfunnels page editor can build professional sales funnels.
Although Clickfunnel’s is less of a drag and drop builder than its counterpart, it’s simple enough to start using it when you understand its “building blocks” such as the Section, Row, and Element design tools. Once you grasp those “building blocks,” you can build beautiful sales funnels.
The following video demonstrates the simplicity of creating a funnel page on Clickfunnels and more! It’s a video of how Russell Brunson created Tony Robbin’s sales funnel.
Both platforms allow for A B split testing. In case you don’t know, split testing is a process of testing two web pages against each other to see which one converts better over a certain period of time.
You can test any landing page (squeeze page, sales page, checkout page, upsell page, etc.) throughout your funnel with both software.
A typical split test example would be 50% of the traffic going to one page and the other 50 to the variant page with one element change that you’re testing.
I’ve always found it to be more simple to do this within ClickFunnels.
Clickfunnels makes it easy to build mobile-friendly sales funnels with their simple yet robust page builder.
Don’t get me wrong, Clickfunnels and Builderall have a learning curve; it’s just CF has a smaller learning curve, and it’s much easier to pick up.
Builderall vs ClickFunnels Templates
Both marketing tools provide funnel template designs so their users can quickly implement them in their marketing campaigns.
The templates vary on the conversion goal. The great thing about these templates is that they build out all the funnel pages necessary based on the type of funnel you need, and you can tweak them with their respective landing page builder.
Builderall offers free templates across the board. While ClickFunnels offers free and paid template options.
The Builderall templates are divided into different industries. A few of them include local business, fashion, health and fitness, food, news, and travel.
Users can then choose to build web properties based on modern templates for websites, e-commerce storefronts, landing pages, blogs, sales funnels, membership sites, and more.
You’re able to modify any of the templates with Builderall’s website builder(s) as needed. Or you can start from scratch if that’s more your style.
ClickFunnels is known for the different types of funnels it can make, and as you’d expect, it has funnel template designs to match each one.
Like Builderall, it lets you filter down by industry, but it goes one step further by asking you if you want your funnel to:
- Generate leads
- Sell or launch a product with multiple upsells
- Run a webinar
- Create a quiz survey
- Create membership sites (aka. a membership funnel)
You can use the drag and drop builder to edit each of the templates to match your branding. The free templates are good enough to use for campaigns, and the paid templates take things up a notch.
Builderall gains some points because it has more free template options for various industries, and it has templates for a full-on website and funnels.
From my experience, Builderall is better for website templates than ClickFunnels as they’re more focused on funnels.
Whereas CF funnel templates are made to convert. The premium paid templates are great for paid advertising and have more conversion focus areas than their free template counterparts.
Taking these things into account, I much rather make the template my own (whether free or paid) in the CF editor as it’s much less of a headache.
Builderall vs ClickFunnels for Email Marketing
Both software offer their own email marketing service that lets users send marketing emails along with their funnels.
As you can imagine, they prefer you use their email marketing services over third-party providers.
Overall, their email tools are good and let you craft emails in their email builder, send broadcast email campaigns, create email automation, tag and segment your list, and much more.
Builderall Email Marketing
Builderall’s email marketing tool is called Mailing Boss, and it has the standard features you’d see in a standalone email provider. You can send one-off emails, create an email sequence, and simple to complex automation with it.
You can craft your own email from scratch or use an email template that makes your emails look professionally branded.
Mailing Boss is included in all of their plans.
ClickFunnels Email Marketing
ClickFunnels’s email tool is called Follow-Up Funnels (formerly known as Actionetics).
Follow Up Funnel feels more robust and native to its mother platform than its Mailing Boss counterpart.
ClickFunnels only offers Follow Up Funnels in its Platinum plan (formerly known as the Etison Suite).
What separates both Builderall and ClickFunnels from their third-party competitors is their capabilities of sending unlimited emails and storing unlimited contacts.
And beyond pricing, which we’ll talk about in the next section, CF feels more robust in its email capabilities, and sales funnel integrations.
Builderall vs Clickfunnels Pricing Comparison
These software’s pricing plans may be one of the most important factors for online business owners to consider.
Both Builderall and Clickfunnels vary in the monthly cost. The pricing packages depending on what you want from your service.
For example, if you want an “all-in-one” funnel software solution (i.e., a funnel builder and an email marketing tool), you’re going to need to get the most expensive plan either of these software offers.
Builderall Pricing Plans
If you want Builderall’s funnel-building capabilities and it’s a built-in autoresponder, Mailing Boss, to build your email list, either of the Builderall pricing plans will work in 2022.
The Premium Plan, starting at $69.90 per month, is Builderall’s basic plan. If you want to kick things up a peg with more features, including more templates, funnels, and an automatic approval to the Builderall affiliate program, then the Funnel Club is for you.
By the way, they don’t require credit card details to start a 14-day free trial. You can check out this year’s Builderall pricing here.
ClickFunnels Pricing Plans
Clickfunnels offers an “all-in-one” solution, too; it costs $297/month with their Etison Suite Plan. A bit more expensive.
Is it worth that much per month?!
With the $297 per month, you’re getting two extra software and unlocking unlimited funnels, web pages, custom domain names, and more with Clickfunnels features with the Etison Suite.
The two extra software you get with the Etison Suite are:
- Actionetics/Follow-Up Funnels (Clickfunnel’s built-in email software)
- Backpack (Clickfunnel’s built-in affiliate management software)
This CF plan is worth it if you’re “all in” with Clickfunnels, know how you’re getting your website visitors, and have a sound marketing strategy.
If you just want software to build sales funnels, that’s not a problem. The Clickfunnels StartUp package is right for you and costs $97/month.
Not sure if you need an “all-in-one” solution for either of these two?
You can always start with the digital marketing Premium plan (BA) or the Start-Up Plan (CF) and use a third-party email marketing software.
Builderall wins this round because of its pricing plan costs. They have the same email integration options, A/B testing, funnel building tools, etc., albeit less subpar tools when compared to Clickfunnels.
Which Is Best for Affiliate Marketing?
Builderall and Clickfunnels give you the marketing tools needed to run a successful affiliate business from a funnel perspective.
An affiliate funnel usually looks something like this:
Traffic -> Squeeze Page -> Bridge Page/Thank You Page -> Affiliate Offer
You’ll need this type of funnel and a 3rd-party email service provider like Getresponse to put all the pieces together for an affiliate marketing funnel (unless you’re getting the plan that includes Mailing Boss or Actionetics).
Either of these tools can get this job done. It’s just a matter of which page builder you prefer most (recall the Ease of Use section above) and the pricing.
If you’re looking to make money promoting either tools as an affiliate, there are fundamental differences:
- The Clickfunnel’s affiliate program is free to join and is your traditional recurring affiliate program.
- The Builderall affiliate program requires you to be a Business customer (the $49.90/month plan) to be able to promote it and is a recurring two-tier affiliate program.
- CF provides you, the affiliate, with affiliate tracking IDs, so you know what traffic source is bringing you your commissions. If you have affiliates selling your products via Clickfunnel’s Backpack software, they’ll also have access to this.
- The Builderall affiliate system doesn’t currently provide tracking IDs for their affiliates. If you wanted to track where your affiliate sales are coming from with them, you’d have to create a custom thank you page for people who buy through your link and put a pixel on that page with software like ClickMagick to make it work.
- Builderall and Clickfunnels both provide free affiliate training. CF has its Affiliate Bootcamp Training, and BA has three levels of affiliate training for Beginners, Intermediates, and Advanced. The intermediate and advanced lessons are locked unless you’ve sold a certain amount of subscriptions.
- CF gives you a wide array of products you can promote, besides its funnel marketing platform, making it one of the most popular affiliate programs online.
Clickfunnels – Although both of these tools can handle the job, Clickfunnels comes ahead. This is because it provides affiliate marketers with a great user experience by providing tracking IDs. And product owners can set up their affiliate link settings, affiliate commission, and more with their Backpack affiliate program.
Builderall & ClickFunnels Pros and Cons
- Provides a funnel & site builder, email service provider, & more online business builder tools that can help your online business grow – all in one platform.
- Offers a funnel template library and plenty of landing page templates.
- There are plenty of tutorial videos to help you get started, understand their design elements and start your marketing campaigns.
- Offers a two-tiered affiliate program. As an incentive for affiliates, they will help you pay for your car for after 100 leads.
- It’s pricing is more affordable when compared and offers a money-back guarantee.
- Least user-friendly tool when it comes to building responsive funnels and landing pages.
- Mailing Boss, their email marketing platform, doesn’t have the best deliverability from what I’ve heard in Facebook communities (I’d recommend a 3rd-party email autoresponder).
- Provides multiple support channels that are a bit slow and live chat support tickets can be hit or miss.
- There are many sales funnel templates to choose from in their funnel library.
- It’s a lot easier to use when it comes to creating simple and complex sales funnels. From their page builders to their funnel dashboard where you can drag and drop your funnel steps in the correct order, They are the king of simplicity.
- Can be your all-in-one marketing platform with their Etison Suite. It’ll provide you with a popular sales funnel builder, Actionetics (email autoresponder for follow up funnels – which includes email templates), and Backpack (affiliate program platform for vendors). They also offer Actionetics MD if you want to have Actionetics also be a Facebook messenger bot (and a lot more) for you.
- Has one of the best affiliate programs for affiliates because not only can you promote them, but you can also promote their other products like Funnel Scripts, Dotcom Secrets, Funnel Builder Secrets, and more. They also have a dream car reward for affiliates. If you maintain over 100 leads, you get $500/month for your car. Double that if you can maintain 200 leads every month.
- Starts at $97/month which is a tall order for online businesses on a shoestring budget.
- With the $97/month Start Up Plan, you’re limited to 20 funnels, 100 pages, and 20,000 visitors per month. Unless you’re driving more traffic than 20k visitors/month, you’re in the clear with the Start Up Plan.
- Their membership areas for membership funnels could improve.
- Support Team: Live chat support is available for all users, but Etison Suite users are first priority (their live chat has a surprisingly long queue). All members have email support (their email support is surprisingly fast) and access to the knowledge base website.
Builderall or Clickfunnels – Who Wins?
Tallying up the points thus far, Clickfunnels is the champion even with its hefty price tag; however, it is not a black and white situation.
What pushed Clickfunnels over the edge was its responsive page editor and simple drag and drop funnel step navigation.
After giving the Builderall all-in-one platform and its website builder a shot, I saw that people in sales funnel builder Facebook groups were coming across the same complaints I had.
CF users who’ve were spoiled with its simplicity and gave Builderall a chance struggled to make their websites mobile responsive.
They most likely gave up on Builderall too quickly; however, I noticed a common theme among the complaints in Facebook groups.
The Builderall vs ClickFunnels Bottom Line
- If you’re looking for something easier to use and pick up quickly, and it fits your budget, then I recommend Clickfunnel’s Start Up plan to start. They have a 14-day trial.
- If money is tight and you’re willing to practice using a more complex software tool, go with Builderall. Look into their 14-day free trial option. You can always make a switch later on.
I was looking forward to switching away from CF as it would save me $50-$200+ every month, but ultimately you get what you pay for.
However, Builderall didn’t live up to the hype or technical ease of use that I was used to in Clickfunnels.
Builderall Is a Tool That Tries to Be Everything to Everybody
They include dozens of additional features that Clickfunnels doesn’t add (i.e., an app builder, heat tracking software, script generator, and more).
Clickfunnels focuses on their One Thing – continually improving their funnel software so that anyone can use it to start building their online business with the least amount of friction possible.
For those reasons… I stuck with them.
That’s the final verdict, guys.
Which software are you going to get for your web presence? Which one do you trust for your digital marketing growth?
Have you had experience creating high-converting sales funnels with these two online business tools?
Share this article on your social media platforms if you agree with it and think it will help people decide!