Kajabi lets you add videos to your pages and courses to create visually appealing content.
But did you know that it doesn’t have a video hosting capability? Because of that, the platform partnered with Wistia to store and optimize videos for your audience.
Let’s discuss how this collaboration works. I’ll also share the different ways to upload your videos inside Kajabi.
Table of Contents
How Does Kajabi Video Hosting Work?
Kajabi and Wistia work together in the back end, so you don’t have to do anything complex on your part.
As you upload your file on Kajabi, Wistia will convert it to multiple video formats that support different devices regardless of their connection.
While processing in the background, Wistia provides a quick copy of your video so that you can see it while the platform creates a better-quality video that you can share with your audience.
Usually, the optimized video takes 30 minutes to upload, and your internet connection might affect the upload speed.
While in the process of doing so, Kajabi will show you a message saying “Converting” and “Storing: to tell you where they are at the process.
This process doesn’t charge you an extra fee, so you don’t have to worry about anything and get a great result from this partnership.
Kajabi Video Hosting for Live Videos(New!)
But what if you want to engage your audience with a live video? Does Wistia video hosting cover this too?
Wistia doesn’t have this feature. But Kajabi provides two different ways for its users.
First, you can use Kajabi’s Built-in Live Video feature inside the coaching product. This is ideal for one-on-one sessions with your member.
The other way is to create an event on Kajabi, go live on Youtube, and paste the link to your event’s video content. It’s a great method if you expect more live video viewers.
Uploading Videos for Kajabi Product
Kajabi only accepts video file sizes of up to 4GB. If your video exceeds this, you’ll need to compress it using a third-party application.
Additionally, take note of this recommended guidelines from Kajabi to avoid errors and publish high-quality videos:
- Video Format: MP4.
- Screen Ratio: 16:9 (1920×1080 px or 1280 x 720 px)
- Resolution: 640px to 3840px wide
- Bytes: Between 5,000 to 10,000 kbps
Check out the step-by-step process you can follow below:
Editor’s Note: All the uploads will happen inside your Products tab. So I suggest you choose one right away for a smoother process.
Uploading Videos Through Your Computer
- Click the lesson where you want to add a video.
- Select the “Video” button.
- Click “Select a New File.”
- Open your folder and drag the file or click the “Choose File” button.
- Select the file you want to upload and click “Open.”
- Wait for Kajabi’s notification that it’s been uploaded successfully and click “Save.”
Uploading Videos Using Dropbox or Google Drive
The platform also allows you to use other methods for uploading videos. If you’ve saved them inside your Dropbox or Google Drive, you just need to connect your account and upload them directly.
- Select a specific lesson.
- Click the “Video” button.
- Select “Pick File.”
- Choose Dropbox or Google Drive tab. Depending on your preference, select “Connect to Dropbox” or “Connect to Google Drive.”
- Sign in to your account and grant access permission to Kajabi.
- Select the file on your Google Drive or Dropbox and wait for it to upload.
Through URL or Link
- Select one lesson inside your “Products” tab.
- Under the “Media” section, select “Video.”
- Choose “Select a File.”
- Select “Upload a New File.”
- Click the “Link (URL)” tab.
- Copy and paste the video URL.
- Click “Select” and wait for it to upload.
The platform stores all your uploaded videos, so you won’t need to sync them again if you need them. You can click “Select a Recent File.” instead of uploading a new one.
Hosting videos for your Kajabi-powered online business is possible through Wistia. You can provide high-quality content for your visitors and students at no additional cost (on any Kajabi plan).
And with the recent update, hosting live videos inside the platform is also possible. These Kajabi features let you create a much smoother experience for yourself and your audience.
Start uploading inside Kajabi today! If you haven’t tried Kajabi yet, check out their special trial deal below!
You May Also Like:
- Kajabi Funnel Feature Overview
- Kajabi Code Editor Feature Overview
- Kajabi Podcast Feature Overview
- Kajabi Email Marketing Feature Overview
- Kajabi Automation Feature Overview
- Kajabi Website Builder Feature Overview
- Kajabi Community Feature Overview
- Available Kajabi Themes
- Kajabi Demo
- An Honest Review of Kajabi in 2022
How many videos can I upload on Kajabi?
You can upload up to 20 simultaneously, but they mentioned that the safest would be about three to four.
Can I upload MP4 to Kajabi?
Yes. That’s the suggested format for videos. But the platform also supports MOV., MPG., FLV., and WMV. You may check the complete list here.
More Kajabi Frequently Asked Questions:
- Can Kajabi Users Sell Physical Products?
- Is the Kajabi Platform Good for Search Engines?
- Does Kajabi Offer Email Templates?
- Is Setting Up a Custom Domain Easy on Kajabi?
- Does Kajabi Have a Mobile App?
- Does Kajabi Have a Marketplace for Websites?
- Can You Share Kajabi Membership Site Examples?
- Can You Share Kajabi Lander Examples?
- How to Edit Images Before Kajabi Upload?
- Does Kajabi Have a Yearly Black Friday or Cyber Monday Deal?
- Can You Create a Blog on Kajabi?