Kajabi is a powerful online platform that allows you to sell courses and other digital products or services.
It is known for its ease of use and user-friendly interface compared to other online software.
However, it can still feel overwhelming due to the number of things you can do with it.
In this Kajabi tutorial, I’ll show you the top four actions you need to do as a beginner.
Table of Contents
Things You Can Do With Kajabi
Kajabi indeed provides all the tools for online course creators.
Step 1 – Create an Account
Like most tools online, you’ll need to create an account with Kajabi before you can use its features.
Here’s what you can do to create your account quickly.
- Go to Kajabi Pricing.
- Choose the pricing plan you’d like to have, then click “Start for Free.” If you think it’s necessary, also add Kajabi Access to your selected Kajabi plan.
- Provide all necessary information and press “Continue.”
Note: if you’d like to test Kajabi for longer than 14 days, read this Kajabi trial guide.
- Type in your credit card information and click “Start Free Trial.”
Once you’re in your Kajabi dashboard, this is what you need to do:
- Go to “Settings.”
- Select “Payment Integrations.”
- Link your PayPal and Stripe accounts to Kajabi.
- Next, go to “Domains” inside Settings.
- Connect your existing domain if you have one. If not, you can use Kajabi’s subdomain for the time being.
The difference is that a Kajabi subdomain will look like yourname.mykajabi.com, while a custom domain will show as www.yourname.com.
- Go back to Settings, then select “Marketing Settings.”
- Fill in your physical address, add your company logo, set your email time zone, and configure the from and reply-to email address.
You can’t skip this step if you plan to use the built-in email marketing feature in promoting your online course or membership site.
- Lastly, go to “Site Details” on the Settings tab.
- Add your logo and favicon, and choose your branding colors.
Setting your branding colors and logo will ensure consistency across all your marketing materials.
The difference between the favicon and logo is that the favicon is the tiny icon that appears on your browser’s tab while the logo is displayed on your website.
Now that we’ve walked you through the basics of setting up your Kajabi account, let’s move on to creating your first product.
Step 2 – Set Up a Product
Creating a product on Kajabi involves some simple steps:
- Select “All Products” under the “Products” tab.
- Click “Get Started.”
- Choose the product you’d like to create. Then click “Get Started.”
For this example, let’s pick “Course.”
- Type in the details. Press “Continue.”
- Select from the available templates. Press “Continue.”
- Upload your course image. You can skip this step if you don’t have one yet. Click “Continue.”
- Choose whether your course is paid or free. Then click “Save and Finish.”
If you select paid, Kajabi will ask for a payment gateway before you can proceed. You can also skip this part and go back to it later.
- Add content by clicking a lesson. You can add audio, video lessons, images, and more inside the courses.
- Click “Save” whenever you make changes.
Step 3 – Create an Offer
Creating an offer allows you to combine products into one deal. This is especially useful if you’re selling more than one product or have an upsell for your main offer.
Here’s how you can make an offer:
- Select “Sales” on your dashboard.
- Click “+ New Offer.”
- Fill in the details. Choose your payment type and indicate your offer’s pricing. Then select “Create.”
- Modify your offer. Click “Save” after.
Step 4 – Build a Kajabi Website
Your website and landing pages are the foundation of a successful online business. They are where you drive traffic and generate leads and sales.
Quickly create your Kajabi site and pages by doing this:
- Select “Website.”
- On the “Design” tab, click “Pick Template.”
- Choose from the 11 premium templates available.
- Click “Get Started.”
- Select the “Customize” button in the upper right corner.
- Modify colors and texts, add new sections, edit your content, and more. Click “Save” after customizing.
Once you choose a website template, Kajabi will automatically create 13 pages with the same branding color and design.
But if you want to add sales pages or other types of pages, here’s how:
- Under the “Website” tab, click “Pages.”
- Click the “Landing” tab.
- Press the “+New Landing Page” button.
- Select from the available templates. Kajabi categorized them based on type so you can easily find the right one for your needs.
For this example, I selected the Creative sales page.
- Click “Get Started.”
- Enter the page title and select “Create.”
- Customize your landing page until you’re satisfied with the result. Click “Save” when you finish.
The landing page builder and website builder look precisely the same. So you won’t have any trouble navigating between the two.
Congratulations! You’ve just created your first site, product, and offer.
Now that you know the basics of using this platform, it’s time to explore its other features.
Kajabi is one of the most accessible platforms to launch a business. You can create online courses, build a site, and start selling in just minutes.
If you’re new to this platform, this tutorial should help you get started. Just follow the steps outlined above, and you’ll be on your way to success.
But if you need more advanced tutorials or something I couldn’t cover here, you may check Kajabi’s Help Center.
It has a comprehensive collection of articles and videos that can guide you in using the platform.
Launch your products and services with Kajabi today!
Kajabi Frequently Asked Questions:
- Are There Web Designers Who Specialize in Kajabi?
- Are There Good VAs That Know How to Help Me Use Kajabi?
- Are There Consultants to Help Me Grow My Business While Using Kajabi?
- Will Kajabi Hurt My Search Engine Results?
- Does Kajabi Offer Discounts During Black Friday?
- Are There Good Solutions Similar to Kajabi?
- Does Kajabi Support Nonprofit Organizations?
- How Do You Track Activity with Kajabi Analytics?
- How Should I Resize Kajabi Images?
- Can I Connect Other Tools to Kajabi?
- What Languages Are Available for Kajabi?
- Is There a Good Kajabi Demo I Can See?
- What Are the Details on Kajabi’s Hero Challenge?
- Is Gamification a Thing with Kajabi?
- Is a Kajabi a Good LMS?
- What Is the Kajabi Mobile App Like?
- Does Kajabi Offer Email Templates?
- Can I Sell Physical Goods with Kajabi?
- How Does the Blog Creation Process Look Like on Kajabi?
- What Is Taught In Kajabi University?