Do you want to use a custom domain for your Kajabi site?
Great! This article will explain what you need to do to set up your custom domain.
Having your own domain is a great way to brand your Kajabi site and make it easier for people to find and remember it.
And although Kajabi doesn’t sell domains, they do make it easy to connect the domain you already own to your Kajabi site.
Ready to know how? Let’s get started!
Table of Contents
- What is the Default Kajabi Domain?
- Domain vs Subdomain
- How to Set Up Kajabi Custom Domain
- Step 1 – Access Domain Settings
- Step 2 – Verifying Name Servers
- Step 3 – Using the Custom Domain for Marketing Email (Optional)
- How to Access DNS on Kajabi Settings
- Wrapping this Up
- Frequently Asked Questions
What is the Default Kajabi Domain?
Once you create an account with Kajabi, you’re automatically given a default Kajabi subdomain.
This is the address that people will use to find your site until you connect a custom domain.
Let’s say your Kajabi website is “Chicago Cupcakes.” Your default domain would be – “chicagocupcakes.mykajabi.com.”
The “mykajabi.com” shows that it’s a Kajabi site, and the “chicagocupcakes” is the unique identifier for your site.
What’s great about this default Kajabi domain is that it’s free! And you can use it as long as you are subscribed to Kajabi.
However, if you’re serious about building your brand and attracting more customers, you’ll want to use your domain.
Domain vs Subdomain
This platform allows you to add both.
The difference between them is domain is a primary address for your website, while a subdomain is a section of your website with its unique address.
For example, if your website is “Chicago Cupcakes,” your domain would be “www.chicagocupcakes.com.”
And if you wanted to create a special section on your website for, let’s say, online courses, then your subdomain could be “courses.chicagocupcakes.com.”
Adding a domain to Kajabi is best if you’re using Kajabi to host your entire website.
But if you’re using another platform to host your site, e.g., WordPress or Wix, and you’re only using Kajabi for a specific section, like an online course, then adding a subdomain might be the better solution.
Kajabi made it easy to add these two, but it can still be quite confusing if you’ve never done it before.
So we’re going to walk you through the process.
How to Set Up Kajabi Custom Domain
Before anything else, remember to buy a domain name first. As mentioned, Kajabi doesn’t host domains, so you must buy one from a domain provider.
If you already have an existing domain, you can go straight to Step 1.
But if not, you can check GoDaddy, Namecheap, and Hostinger. Once done, it’s time to set up your domain on Kajabi.
Cloudflare, Kajabi’s partner software, also offers users a free domain. You can check it out here.
Step 1 – Access Domain Settings
1. Go to Kajabi settings on your dashboard.
2. Choose “Domain” under the Site Settings.
3. Click “Setup custom domain.”
4. Select “Connect domain to Kajabi.”
5. Type in your domain name, then click “Next.” It should be www.yourcompany.com
Step 2 – Verifying Name Servers
Kajabi will ask you to change your nameservers from your domain registrar or provider.
The reason is a bit technical, but your nameservers need to point to Kajabi’s servers for your domain to work.
So here’s what you need to do.
1. Open a new tab and log in to your domain provider. For this example, I’ll use Hostinger.
2. Find your way to the “Nameservers” section. It’s usually located under “Domain Manager,” “DNS Management,” “DNS Records,” “CNAME Record,” or something similar.
3. Change the two nameservers to what the platform provided. The one with “.cloudflare.com.” Then click “Save.”
4. Go back to the Kajabi tab, and select “Done, verify domain.”
5. Wait for Kajabi’s confirmation, which might take up to 24 hours but usually happens much quicker.
That’s it! You have successfully connected your domain to Kajabi.
Step 3 – Using the Custom Domain for Marketing Email (Optional)
Although Kajabi provides a free Kajabi-branded email, having your own will help boost authority and build trust with your audience. And it’s also very simple to do.
1. Inside your domain setting, scroll down to Marketing Email Domain Sending.
2. Choose “Setup custom email domain.”
3. Provide your from name, from email, and reply to email.
The difference between the from and reply to is that the address will show up in your recipients’ inboxes while the email address to which people can reply.
You can use the same email if you want.
4. Click “Save.” The platform automatically adds your domain, so you no longer need to type it.
That’s it! By following these simple steps, you can have your professional website on Kajabi.
How to Access DNS on Kajabi Settings
Adding your own domain inside your Kajabi account will give you access to a DNS setting.
Although we discourage editing the default settings, it’s important to know where you can find them.
1. Go to the “Settings” tab, then select “Domain.”
2. Click the “>” icon next to your custom domain.
3. Select the “+Custom Record” button to add new DNS records.
4. Don’t forget to click “Save” every time you make changes.
Wrapping this Up
Adding a domain to your Kajabi website doesn’t have to be complicated.
By following the steps above, you can set up your own professional website in no time.
We hope this article helps you. Feel free to bookmark this page for future reference or share it with a friend.
You May Also Like:
- Our Honest Kajabi Rating
- Kajabi’s Website Builder Guide
- Kajabi’s Native Integrations
- Kajabi University Training
- Kajabi Tutorials
- Kajabi Website Examples in 2023
- Kajabi Themes in 2023
- Kajabi Pricing Plans in 2023
Frequently Asked Questions
Where can I purchase a domain?
Kajabi isn’t that strict regarding the domain provider you use. However, most users buy their domains from Bluehost, Hostinger, Google Domains, Go, Daddy, Domain.com, Name.com, and HostGator.
Can I connect my domain on a Basic plan?
Absolutely! Kajabi allows you to add your domain to all plans, including the Basic plan.
Can I have multiple domains?
Yes. You can connect multiple domains to Kajabi. But that’s only possible if you’re in the Pro plan or subscribe to Kajabi Access. The regular Basic and Growth plan only allows one website, so you can only use one domain for them.
More Kajabi Frequently Asked Questions: