Are you looking for a way to take your email marketing to the next level?
If so, you need to try out the ConvertKit and Kajabi integration.
This powerful combo will help you increase the effectiveness of running email marketing campaigns and make it easier for you to nurture and engage your audience.
In this post, we’ll show you how to set up the integration and get started.
Table of Contents
What Is ConvertKit?
ConvertKit is a solid email marketing app designed to help you build and grow relationships with your potential and current customers.
With ConvertKit, you can create beautiful email newsletters, segment your subscribers based on their interests and behavior, and track engagement from each campaign.
Why Connect ConvertKit and Kajabi?
Although Kajabi offers a built-in email marketing tool, it doesn’t provide the same level of customization and automation as ConvertKit.
By connecting the two platforms, you can take advantage of Kajabi’s features while using the more advanced tools of ConvertKit.
How to Integrate Kajabi With ConvertKit?
Option 1 – Via Native Integration
Connecting Kajabi to ConvertKit using the API Key lets you automatically add new form submissions from Kajabi as new ConvertKit subscribers.
Here’s what you can do.
Step 1 – Integrate ConvertKit to Kajabi
- Login to your ConvertKit account.
- Click your profile icon in the upper right corner and “Account Settings.”
- Select the “Advanced” tab.
- Copy your Key.
Step 2 – Go to Your Kajabi Dashboard
- Log in to your Kajabi account and go to “Settings.”
- Select “Third-party integrations.”
- Toggle the ConvertKit button on and paste the Key.
- Click “Save.”
Step 3 – Create a Form Inside ConvertKit
- Select “Landing pages and forms” under the “Grow” tab.
- Click the “+ Create New” button.
- Select “Form.”
- Choose the display format you’d like to use. For this example, let’s use the modal form.
- Pick a template and click “Choose.”
- Customize the form to your liking. You can add your Kajabi logo, change the image, add text, etc. Once you’re okay with the design, press “Publish.”
- Copy the form ID from the URL. You don’t need to copy everything, just the numbers.
Step 4 – Insert the ID Form Into the Kajabi Site
- Go back to your Kajabi account and select the “Marketing” tab.
- Click the “Forms” tab.
- Select “+New Form” for the integration or use an existing one.
- On the “After the Submission” section, mark “Send the contact to a third-party email provider.”
- Choose ConvertKit on the dropdown.
- Paste the ConvertKit form ID.
- Press “Save.”
Once you activate this integration, all students submitting this form will become ConvertKit subscribers.
Editor’s Tip: When you create opt-in forms inside Kajabi, choose the single opt-in to prevent duplicate emails.
Option 2 – Via Zapier
Connecting ConvertKit and Kajabi through Zapier provides you with more choices for automation.
For example, you can add new Kajabi purchases as new subscribers or revoke the product access for those who unsubscribe from your ConvertKit list.
Here’s how you can connect the Kajabi and ConvertKit using Zapier.
- Log in to your Zapier account.
- Click “+Create Zap” from the main dashboard.
- Select your Trigger App. You can choose either of the apps for this one. For this example, let’s use Kajabi.
- Choose your Trigger Event. Let’s use New Purchase.
- Select “Continue.”
- Sign in to your account using your API Secret and Key. You can find it inside your Kajabi dashboard -> Settings -> Account Details -> API Credentials. Copy and paste the details to Zapier.
- Choose your Kajabi account.
- Select “Continue.”
- Choose your Kajabi website and select the Trigger Offer.
- Press “Continue.”
- Click “Test Trigger.”
- Choose ConvertKit as your action tool, and select “Add Subscriber to Form” for this example.
- Press “Continue.”
- Authorize your ConvertKit account. Provide the API Secret in this step. Click “Yes, Continue.”
- Choose your account and select “Continue.”
- Choose the list where you want to add the subscriber. Then fill out other required and optional information.
- Press “Continue” and test everything out.
- Once done, click “Publish Zap.”
Connecting Kajabi and ConvertKit is quick and simple. Plus, it allows you to reach more people through your email lists and do more things.
Set up your integration now and start maximizing your email marketing efforts!
Frequently Asked Questions
Does Kajabi Integrate With ConvertKit?
Yes, you can connect Kajabi and ConvertKit. You can do so by native integration or Zapier for a more advanced setup.
Do You Need Zapier With Kajabi?
No, you needn’t use Zapier for this integration. But if you want more options with the action and trigger, Zapier is a great tool.