Instapage is a great landing page builder. Still, there are perfectly valid reasons you might not want to sign up for the service (or move to another landing page platform).
For one thing, Instapage isn’t cheap. And some of its features are simply way too advanced for people who only need the basics.
It’s also possible you’re already signed up with Instapage and have been using it for quite some time. However, you’re not satisfied with it and are looking for other tools that offer more than Instapage.
If you belong in either camp, we’ve got some great news. There are plenty of Instapage alternatives out there.
And while some of these alternatives lack the more comprehensive tools that Instapage offers, they still offer most of what you’d expect from a builder, like landing page templates and A/B testing.
Some even have email marketing software, sales funnels, and other features that help you find leads.
Check out our list of the best alternatives to Instapage and find the ideal landing page builder for your business.
Table of Contents
- List of Best Instapage Alternatives
- Instapage Competitors
- Instapage WordPress Alternatives
- Final Thoughts on Instapage Alternatives
List of Best Instapage Alternatives
- GetResponse Landing Pages
- ConvertKit Landing Pages
- Thrive Architect
In this section, we’ll talk about standalone Instapage competitors. These are companies that can provide hosting solutions on top of offering drag-and-drop builder functionality.
We’ll go over most of their features and how they can help you achieve your business goals. Then we’ll discuss all the plans they offer and how much they cost.
If you’re looking for a landing page builder option for WordPress users, you’ll find our list of the best Instapage alternatives for WordPress in a later section.
Unbounce is one of Instapage’s biggest competitors and the closest when it comes to matching its features. It’s not a complete marketing solution in the sense that you can’t build an entire website on Unbounce.
But as far as creating landing pages for marketing campaigns, you can’t go wrong with Unbounce (read our review here for more details). It’s packed with features that you’ll find at Instapage. Plus, its plans come at more reasonable rates.
It promises to help you convert more leads and generate more sales using a combination of its Conversion Intelligence and AI feature, Smart Traffic.
- Landing Page Templates — There are over 100 templates that use a drag-and-drop editor. You can use A/B testing to figure out which ones work best. It has AI technology to send visitors to the landing page variant that suits them.
- Pop-up and Sticky Bars — These are mobile-friendly page elements that remain visible as visitors scroll up and down a landing page. They keep your call to action (CTA) in your audience’s mind at all times.
- Third-Party Integrations — Unbounce lets you connect third-party tools like Google Analytics. See this list of integrations that Unbounce offers for more information.
- Safety Features — You’ll find a number of built-in safety features that protect your account and customer information.
- Customization — You can add video backgrounds and lightboxes. You can do parallax scrolling. Creating lead-gen forms and thank you messages is a breeze.
- Smart Traffic — It goes over your visitors’ attributes and serves them a page version most relevant to their wants and needs. It also tests, predicts, and optimizes your campaigns.
For an Instapage to Unbounce feature comparison check out this guide.
There are four Unbounce pricing plans plus a custom plan called Concierge. All plans come with unlimited landing pages, pop-ups, and sticky bars.
The Launch plan is $80/month. Optimize is $120/month. Accelerate is $200/month while Scale is $300/month. There is a 10% discount for those who pay annually. All plans have a 14-day free trial period.
Note: Our readers get 20% off Unbounce!
If you’re looking for an Instapage alternative that does away with advanced features like dynamic text replacement or email marketing services, then Leadpages could be the landing page builder that you’re looking for.
Leadpages stick to the basics — which is why this is ideal for any business owner who’s just starting out. It’s simple yet highly effective. And if you’re only managing a single site, it’s probably one of the cheapest landing page builders out there.
- Website Builder — You have the option to build not only landing pages but also a fully functioning website. A great deal for a business owner that needs product pages. No coding knowledge is required to design and launch a site or landing page. You can even buy Shutterstock images straight from Leadpages and insert them in your landing pages.
- Conversion Toolkits — You can add opt-in forms, alert bars, and pop-ups to any of your landing pages.
- Mobile-Responsive Templates — All of the templates available in this landing page platform are mobile-responsive. You can insert custom branding in your pages to include your business logo, brand colors, and feel. If you don’t want to use templates, you can design landing pages from scratch.
- Analytics — You can check your landing page performance through the built-in analytics dashboard.
- SEO — You can optimize your landing page by entering metadata like the site’s title and description. You can also set a few target keywords.
- Integrations — Leadpages also support third-party integrations.
- Publishing — You can publish a landing page on a third-party domain. Or you can publish it on Leadpages through its free hosting feature. It even comes with SSL encryption, meaning your URL will have an HTTPS:// address.
There are three Leadpages plans available. The first one is their Standard plan that’s $37/month and is good for one site. Pro is $79/month and covers three sites. The Advanced plan is $321/month, and it lets you manage up to 50 sites. Save more by paying annually.
Leadpages lets you try out its service for free, but it only lasts 14 days.
ClickFunnels is a sales funnel builder/landing page builder that’s known for its marketing funnel features. Basically, it enables you to create a series of pages that walk users through the entire sales process. It’s like building a website that’s dedicated to converting leads into paying customers.
You can even do follow-ups long after a visitor has left your landing pages.
If you want to build landing pages with e-commerce functionality, ClickFunnels is worth considering as an alternative, especially if you have a product launch on the table. Some users use ClickFunnels to generated leads for their business as well.
- No Coding Required — ClickFunnels uses a drag-and-drop interface, so you don’t have to code to make changes to your landing page design.
- Optimized for Conversion — You can design sales funnels that are well-designed for converting leads into customers. All pre-designed funnels are optimized to walk your customers through the whole conversion process, making your life a bit easier.
- 1-Click Upsells — Get more out of every lead by adding upsell options.
- Follow-Up Funnels — You can send targeted messages to your customers through email, text, social media, and desktop notifications. Performing email and digital follow-ups can improve your chances of generating leads and sales.
ClickFunnels has three plans. The standard ClickFunnels plan is $97/month. ClickFunnels Platinum is $297/month. Then there’s the Two Comma Club plan that’s $2,497/month.
There is a 14-day free trial period.
Make sure to read our ClickFunnels vs Instapage comparison guide!
Kartra works just like ClickFunnels in that it’s also a one-stop shop for all of your lead generation and conversion needs. It offers tons of features that work seamlessly together, so you get the best results for your marketing campaign.
It’s one of the best landing page builders for entrepreneurs since you get all of the marketing tools you’ll need to promote and sell your products or services. There are even email and SMS features available to help you engage potential leads and customers.
If you’re an agency, Kartra will let you manage all of your accounts from one central location.
- No-Fuss Landing Page Builder — There are hundreds of templates available that are all optimized for mobile devices. As with the other Instapage alternatives so far, this does not require you to code.
- Checkout Pages — Make a checkout page that can accept PayPal and credit card payments.
- Lead Management — Not only can you find leads, but you can also organize them into groups and save them in lists. You can also assign custom tags.
- Email Marketing — You can launch a live or automated email campaign to get in touch with your audience.
- Memberships — You can create membership portals and deliver content to registered customers.
- Videos — Use video marketing to target customers. You can insert lead capture forms or pop-ups midway through a video.
- Forms — Kartra forms can accommodate custom fields. They also let you set your own tagging and automation rules.
Want more feature details? Check out our latest review of Kartra!
You get to choose from four pricing plans with Kartra. The Starter plan is $99/month. The Silver plan is $199/month. Gold is $299/month, while Platinum is $499/month. There is an Enterprise option for those of you with specific needs.
Annual subscriptions get a 25% discount. Kartra does have a 30-day money-back guarantee.
GetResponse built its reputation as a solid email marketing tool. However, it now allows people to build landing pages which makes it a good Instapage alternative.
You can also use GetResponse to create funnels, set up webinars, and automate your online marketing campaigns.
It’s possibly one of the best Instapage alternatives, especially for those who want an all-in-one marketing solution on top of a landing page builder. And its pricing? You might be surprised at just how affordable it can be.
- Email Marketing — You can send, automate, manage, and track your email activities. Optimize your emails for better conversion to outperform competitors.
- Landing Pages — Create sign-up forms, add pop-ups, or insert countdown timers to make landing pages that stand out. There are e-commerce tools available to promote and sell products.
- Marketing Automation — GetResponse has most of the tools you’ll need to find new leads or reacquire lost ones. Then you can use product recommendations to help you sell more products.
- Webinars — With its webinar features, you can do screen sharing, launch polls and surveys, add CTA buttons, and collaborate with your audience using the Whiteboard feature. You can also convert existing webinars into video-on-demand content.
- Sales Funnel — There are pre-designed funnels that are ready for any kind of marketing campaign.
- Paid Ads — You can manage ad campaigns for Facebook Ads, Facebook Pixel, and Google Search Ads through the GetResponse platform.
You’ll find three GetResponse pricing plans plus one custom plan called Max. The Basic plan starts at $15/month. The Plus plan starts at $49/month, while the Professional plan starts at $99/month.
Prices go up depending on the list size that you need. You can save more money by switching to a 12-month or 24-month billing cycle.
You can try GetResponse for free within 30 days. You don’t need to enter your credit card information to do so. If you’re gunning for the custom plan, you’d have to contact GetResponse to get a quote.
ConvertKit is an email service provider where content creators can promote themselves or their brands to a wider audience through a website. However, that does not mean that ConvertKit can’t work for a regular business.
What’s really special about ConvertKit is that it’s the only alternative in this list that offers a free plan. And ConvertKit isn’t stingy about it.
You can build unlimited landing pages and forms, send email broadcasts, sell digital products or subscriptions, and you get email support.
And the paid plans aren’t even that expensive, so upgrading isn’t a bad deal either. If you want great features at affordable prices, take a closer look at ConvertKit.
- Landing Pages and Forms — You can build landing pages in a matter of minutes. And you can capture leads using sign-up forms. ConvertKit works with Unsplash, so you can choose from over 100,000 stock photos and use them in your landing pages.
- Integrations — There are plenty of third-party tools that you can integrate into ConvertKit. These include Shopify, Teachable, Crowdcast, Typeform, and Zapier.
- Email Marketing and Email Designer — Use ConvertKit to grow your business through email marketing. The Email Designer feature helps you create emails that convert. There’s also a built-in automation tool.
- E-Commerce — You can use the e-commerce features to start selling products as soon as your landing page goes live. You can also automate your sales funnel. That means you’re able to send well-timed content to subscribers automatically.
- Personalized Content — Send customized content to your audience, so they receive emails that appeal to their personalities. Emails come with templates which is good news for those who are not confident in their email writing.
As we mentioned earlier, a free plan is available that lets users create as many landing pages and forms as they need. The only limitations are the number of subscribers you can manage and the features you access.
If you need more features, you could upgrade to the paid ConvertKit pricing plans.
The Creator plan (starts at $29/month) or Creator Pro (starts at $59/month). Subscription pricing will change as you increase the number of subscribers you can manage. The lowest you could go is 1,000 subscribers.
Paying annually gives you two months free.
Landingi lands on our list of Instapage alternatives because it’s got some of the features that marketers look for in a landing page builder, and it has more flexible billing options compared to the other alternatives.
All plans give you unlimited conversions and landing pages. Also, you can migrate from another landing page builder for free (a one-time offer).
- Ease of Use — The friendly user interface allows you to build a landing page using the same drag-and-drop functionality as seen on other platforms.
- Templates — There are over 100 pre-designed templates to choose from that you could use to get more leads for your company.
- A/B Split Testing — Use split testing to determine which landing pages are more effective.
- Subaccounts — You can create additional user accounts and assign roles to team members. If you’re a marketing freelancer or agency, you can give clients access to the Landingi platform as you would if it were your website.
- E-Commerce — You can promote and sell your products using the landing pages you created.
- Integrations — Landingi also has a third-party integration feature that allows you to connect your other accounts to Landingi. These include AWeber, ActiveCampaign, Campaign Monitor, MailChimp, GetResponse, HubSpot, SalesForce, FreshChat, Facebook Pixel, Google Analytics, Google Tag Manager, Kissmetrics, PayPal, Shopify, and Zapier.
You can choose from one of three plans. Create is $89/month, Automate is $127/month, and Agency is $199/month. But you can lower the cost if you opt for the 3-, 6-, or 12-month billing cycle.
You can try any of the three plans for free for up to 14 days. You don’t need to enter your credit card information to sign up for the free trial.
Do note that of all the plans, only the Agency plan will let you add subaccounts. The maximum number of subaccounts you can use is 10. But for an additional $15/month, you can add another member to your account.
Instapage WordPress Alternatives
These alternatives may not have all the email integrations, text replacement, and other marketing solutions that stand-alone landing page platforms have. But these work perfectly well with WordPress and can make for a good alternative to Instapage.
8. Thrive Architect (Thrive Suite)
Thrive Architect lets you build landing pages without having to rely on a third-party hosting partner. You can use your WordPress account to build your landing page.
You don’t need to use code to create a landing page. It has customizable templates (291 templates to be exact) that let you insert buttons, testimonials, countdown timers, and lead generation forms that can integrate with email marketing tools.
It also has tutorialized sales page templates. Simply put, it helps you write compelling sales copy that makes writing as simple as filling in the blanks. If you’re not used to writing copy for landing pages, this feature will make the whole process surprisingly easy.
Thrive Architect is included in Thrive Suite, a collection of tools that let you build a WordPress website that converts leads into customers. It costs $19/month (billed annually).
Elementor is a popular landing page builder for WordPress. It comes with over 300 designer-made templates, so even beginners can start launching websites after making a few tweaks. And yes, you can create websites from scratch, too, without having to code.
It relies on widgets to help someone make customization options. So all you have to do is drag a widget onto a page to insert a new element. You can add buttons, headlines, forms, images, videos, icons, dividers, star ratings, Google Maps, counters, social media icons, anchors — pretty much anything you need to make a landing page uniquely yours.
There is a free version available, but it’s about as basic as you can get. Since there is a 30-day money-back guarantee, you should try signing up for one of the paid plans to get the full experience.
The Essential plan is $49/year. The Advanced plan is $99/year, and the Expert plan is $199/year. There are also plans for those that work with multiple clients. The Studio plan is $499/year, while the Agency plan is $999/year which is a great deal for a freelancer or consultant.
10. Divi Builder (Elegant Themes)
While it is technically a WordPress theme, Divi can do what other WordPress templates can’t. It lets you design a landing page using a visual editor. It’s a builder that can work with beginners and professionals.
It has features like in-line text editing, responsive templates, and custom CSS control for those that need it. You can insert a bunch of unique page elements to improve your landing page’s look and feel.
You can use Divi to create unlimited websites and user accounts. You can pay $89/year, but you can also pay $249 and get lifetime access to the product.
OptimizePress is the last item in our list of WordPress alternative landing page platforms. But by no means should you ignore it. Not only can you launch a landing page using OptimizePress, but you can also build funnels through it.
It also allows you to do upsells and checkout pages. And you can do A/B testing to see which pages convert really well.
With OptimizePress, you can accept payments on your landing pages. It accepts credit, debit, and Stripe transactions. It does not limit how many products and checkout forms you could create.
OptimizePress offers over 250 templates to choose from.
There are three plans to choose from. Essential is $99/year, Suite is $199/year, and Agency Standard is $399/year.
Final Thoughts on Instapage Alternatives
Faced with all of these options, which is the best Instapage alternative to use? Reviews can only do so much. Because in the end, it’s really up to you.
What are the requirements of your business? Is A/B testing that important for you right now? Do you need features like dynamic text replacement? Do you need an integrated email marketing tool? How many templates will you need?
There are way too many factors to consider.
However, we can only recommend platforms based on what a business needs to launch landing pages comparable to what Instapage offers.
Unbounce is probably your best bet if you’re looking for an alternative that can go toe-to-toe with Instapage. It’s an easy recommendation for us. You should definitely check it out.
If you’re looking for an all-around alternative, give Leadpages a try. It’s a great fit for beginners who only need simple landing pages. While it does lack advanced features, its lower entry price point makes up for it.
ClickFunnels and Kartra are great options if you want to build funnels that let you turn leads into customers. If you’re landing pages need e-commerce functionality, these two are viable options. Any one of them could work as an Instapage alternative.
GetResponse and ConvertKit are better for those of you that focus on lead generation and email marketing. They’re both great for working on landing pages, but their email features are next level. It’s just that they can’t compare to Instapage or Unbounce when it comes to their sophistication.
Landingi is good. It’s just that, in our opinion, it’s simply not as exciting as the other tools in this list. Still, it’s flexible billing cycle might appeal to those who need more payment options.
As for WordPress builders, any of the tools in this list will work. But it’s worth mentioning that even though they use visual editors, there is still a learning curve that a user has to overcome. Some of them are just not as straightforward as one might assume.
Try to think about which features are important to you. Then go over each of the tools we included in this list to find a match.